The Poverello Outreach was started in January 2012 by Brother Fran McGann and other Parishioners of our Cluster Parishes.
Clients are only seen by appointment on the First and Third Wednesday of the month. Please call 815-992-1145 to make an appointment. Walk-ins cannot be accepted.
Financial assistance is not based on a client's age, ethnic origin, religion, gender or any other artificial reason.
The mission of the Poverello Outreach is to live "The Church" every day, not just within the walls of a building. The Poverello takes the church to our communities and serves God by serving others.
The Poverello Outreach provides assistance to those who want to help themselves, but after exhausting all other resources, find themselves unable to meet expenses of basic human needs and services.
1) Live within a zip code served by the Poverello
Ancona - 61311 Minonk - 61760
Benson - 61561 Roanoke - 61516
Dana - 61321 Rutland - 61358
Leonore - 61332 Tonica - 61370
Long Point - 61333 Toluca - 61369
Lostant - 61334 Varna - 61375
Magnolia - 61336 Wenona - 61377
2) Bring a current government-issued photo I.D.
3) Bring proof of income from all sources
4) Bring proof of monthly expenses along with bill for which you are seeking help with. The address of the bill must match that on the government-issued I.D.
5) The Poverello is a last resort for LIMITED financial assistance and cannot provide on-going (monthly) help. Bring written proof of any denials or partial funding from other agencies where you have sought help.
6) Tell Us The Truth about the makeup of your household and financial situation. Otherwise, help will NOT be available.
The Poverello Outreach ministry operates out of St. Mary's Parish Hall behind St. Mary's Church in Wenona. The address is 207 West 3rd South Street, Wenona, IL 61377
Is a Franciscan Ministry made possibly through the generosity of the Franciscan Friars and the parishioners in the Catholic Parishes of St. Mary Wenona, St. Patrick Minonk, St. Ann Toluca and St. John the Baptist in Lostant.
All-highest, glorious God, cast your light into the darkness of my heart. Give me right faith, firm hope, perfect charity and profound humility, with wisdom and perception, O Lord, so that I may do what is truly your holy will. Amen.